Toyota Supra JZA80 / Mk4 Carbon Number Plate Garnishes and Backing Plate.
Thank you for the purchase of the Pro Spec Imports Carbon Number Plate Garnishes and Backing Plate. These fitting instructions are a guide only, we recommend professional installation and accept no liability regarding installation or use of this product. For ‘Offroad/Show Use only’
Fitting Carbon Backing Plate:
The mounting holes are pre-drilled to suit JDM Supra’s so you simply un-bolt your number plate then fit the carbon backing plate behind the number plate.
As noted on product page: USDM Supra has a narrower spacing for the number plate holes, so this will not be a direct bolt on (because it suits JDM). You can drill the new holes in the correct place in the carbon backing plate using the US license plate as a guide, then it will fit.
Fitting Carbon Garnishes:
- Test fit: Position the garnishes so they sit neatly to either side of your number plate or the carbon backing plate (this will depend on your number plate size).
- Clean the bumper and the back of the garnishes with wax and grease remover to ensure good adhesion.
- Onto the back of the garnishes along the protruding ridges that touch the bumper apply either.
- 3M VHB double sided tape - heat with a hair dryer then press and hold firmly for 1min+. This is a less permanent solution.
- Black Sikaflex 252 - use good quality masking tape to hold in place while it sets. This is a more permanent solution.
Follow the adhesive manufactures instructions and once it has fully set check they are firmly attached before using the vehicle.