Genuine Toyota 86 / BRZ Armrest Fitting Instructions
Thank you for the purchase of the Genuine Toyota 86 / BRZ Armrest from Pro Spec Imports, while not overly difficult there is still a level of skill required for this install so we recommend a competent person completes the install, we accept no liability regarding the installation or use of this product.
What you'll need..
- Electric drill
- 5mm and 8mm Drill bits
- 5mm allen key
- Very small flat head screwdriver
- Torx head screwdriver
- Vacuum cleaner
- A couple of tips before you follow the instructions from Toyota..
- Make sure you print the Right hand drive PZ435-10341-00 template at 100% size, double check with a ruler against the scale on the template.
- Ensure the 2 x template pages are stuck together exactly on the line and perfectly straight.
- Before marking out the holes make sure the template is sitting straight and positioned exactly as the Toyota instructions advise, taking note of the position of the first holes coming slightly over the edge as seen in the image below.
- Take your time with the marking and drilling, checking frequently that the marks you made for the holes are still in the center of the holes in the lid.
- There's one critical point missing from the Toyota instructions, you must remove the 6 x small rubber caps in the lid carefully using a very small screwdriver, this is so you can access the 6 x allen head bolts (5mm allen key) and remove them, this in turn allows you to remove the padded lid section. You need to do this so you can access the final screws to fix the hinge to the console.
- Pretty straightforward from here you just follow the instructions as Toyota lays them out as found HERE and also found below.
- Finally once the install is finished you can bask in the glory of your hard work and wonder at the new found comfort of driving your 86 / BRZ!