Tips for gear boot installation: (follow at own risk)
- Remove manual surround from car (if unsure, google search)
- Flip it over and you will see a large plastic ring holding the factory gear boot in place, grab a marker and mark the orientation of the ring, so you know which way to put it back on later
- Using a hot soldering iron melt the plastic welds that are holding the ring in place and remove the plastic ring freeing the boot.
- Remove the worn factory boot and replace it with the new Pro Spec Imports genuine leather boot.
- Fit the plastic ring back into place using your marks to line it up, then using the hot soldering iron re-melt the plastic welds to secure it back into place.
- Re-fit the manual surround back into the car and done!
Tips for handbrake boot installation: (follow at own risk)
- Remove factory handbrake surround (if unsure, google search)
- Slide Pro Spec Imports genuine leather boot over the handbrake and pull it down firmly into place
- Replace factory handbrake surround and done!
- TIP: If you find it moving around you can glue it in place with a hot glue gun or fabric glue (Selleys Qwik Grip works well)